Knox Presbyterian Church is located at 67 Main Street West, on the south side of Main Street between Clyde and John Streets, in the Village of Norwich, in the Township of Norwich. The two-storey white-clay brick church was constructed in 1879.
The property was designated, in 1989, by the Township of Norwich, for its architectural and historical value or interest, under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act (By-law 67-89) and then updated in 1992 (By-law 27-92).
The Knox Presbyterian Church was erected in 1879, about 30 years after the Norwich congregation was established. Its continuous use as a church since that time attests to the strength of the congregation. The Knox Presbyterian Church is a fine example of the Gothic Revival style of architecture, featuring a steeply pitched gable roof and lancet arched windows and entrances. Of note is the elaborate central window on the façade, formed by a pair of double trefoil lancet windows surmounted by a coloured glass surround, and the double trefoil lancet windows on the façade and side elevations, capped with a cruciform window of coloured glass and a brick surround. Also of note are the double main entrances, featuring elaborate wood and brick surrounds that incorporate a roped design labelled with relief carvings of wooden
Source: Township of Norwich By-laws 67-89 and 27-92.