2014 Municipal Election - Official Results Summary
2014 Voter Turnout Summary
Declaration of Election
2014 Municipal Election
The next Municipal Election will take place on Monday October 27, 2014. The term of office is for a four year period commencing on December 1, 2014 and ending on November 30, 2018.
Nomination forms may be filed:
- Between January 2, 2014 and September 11, 2014, at a time when the Clerk's Office is open
- On Nomination Day, September 12, 2014, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
There is a $100 filing fee for all positions, except for office of the mayor, which is $200. Candidates will receive a refund of the nomination fee if he or she receives more than 2% of the votes cast in the election for the office.
Nominations are being accepted for the positions of:
Councillor - Ward One (South Norwich)
Councillor - Ward Two (Village of Norwich)
Councillor - Ward Three (North Norwich)
Councillor - Ward Four (East Oxford
In order to be eligible to run for office, individuals must:
- Live in the municipality, be an owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of an owner or tenant
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age when you file your nomination papers
- Not be disqualififed by any legislation from holding office
2014 Notice of Nomination
List of Nominations received.
2014 Estimate of Campaign Expense Limits
List of Certified Candidates for the 2014 Municipal Election
Candidate Contact Information
The Township of Norwich will be using Vote Tabulators for the purpose of counting votes for the 2014 Election.
Vote Tabulator Procedures
For information on voting, please refer to the 2014 Voter's Guide for Ontario Municipal and School Board Elections. You will be required to show identification which shows your name and address at the time of voting. Please check the list of acceptable documents that can be presented for voter identification.